Wednesday, June 22, 2016

And when I am elected . . .

We had a travel day today in the middle of our train trek. It seems odd to have a travel day in the middle of a train journey across the country, but isn't life a little odd. So, we took a van from Flagstaff to the Phoenix Airport ("the friendliest airport in the country") and then another from Phoenix to Tucson.

Our first driver, Harry, a Vietnam War veteran (Thank you for your service.), had taken a 14-year sabbatical in the middle of his career to complete his "bucket list" before he kicked it. I think this is the greatest idea in the world. Everyone should be able to take a 10-year hiatus after working for 15 years in order to complete their aspirations when they are still able to enjoy it. When I am appointed "tsar of education," this will be the first program I institute. I know it's too late for me, but it may not be too late for you. (To Mackenzie: Ignore this advice. I need you to keep working in order to provide for the massive requirements of financial and other support I will need in the coming years.)

My daughter and I at the top of One World Trade Center the week before it officially opened. Her birthday is 9/11.
Quo Vadimus

No comments:

Post a Comment